Are you a no-fuss hands-on Infrastructure Support Specialist? Do you want to work as part of a team who get things done and get things right? If so, my client is looking for an Infrastructure Support Specialist who thrives ina fast paced technology environment.
Reporting to the Infrstructure and Support Manager, the role is to give IT Infrastructure support to the client's group of companies. Based in Blackburn, the role requires the following experience and skills;
- Cisco configuration and troubleshooting
- Telephony systems experience, preferably Mitel
- Windows Server stack
- VMware preferably 6.5 with vSAN experience
- Excellent MS office skills
- Support bespoke applications
- Ability to do in depth investigation into application faults, tracing down error messages etc. Potential data corrections.
- Exposure to Sage X3 environments would be an advantage
- Flexible approach to problem solving and an ability to “think on your feet”
- Ability to effectively manage time and prioritise incidents
- Approachable and friendly attitude
The role is not just about your technical skills, the best candidates will also display the following behaviours and skills;
- Be an exemplar of customer focus in end user desktop support
- Understand the importance of Logging telephone calls into helpdesk system
- Be able to prioritise and escalate appropriately
- Providing timely updates to business colleagues
- Be a source or knowledge for junior members of the team
- Create knowledge base articles to increase ticket resolution efficiency
- Be the Technical Lead IT projects to help the business achieve its strategic goals
- Understand the appropriate measures to protect the business from unexpected outages
- Ensure you are up to date with current technologies and be able to suggest opportunities to enhance the IT offering to the business
- Be an aspirational role model within the team
If you feel that you excel in all of the above and want to be part of a close knit technology team, then please apply online and I will be in touch.
The company are a genuine dynamic and fast-growing company that truly values and is reliant upon people, culture and commitment to excellence. To them being the best means having the best people, and getting the best people means being the best place to work.
Following the completion of a significant equity investment in June 2016, their strategy is to continue to deliver significant growth, both organically and through acquisition, evolving their proposition and positioning to reach a broader target audience.
During your engagements with clients it is expected that you will uncover new technologies or gaps within the current portfolio that are required to meet a business requirement. As and when this occurs it is expected that you will research the technology and be able to provide a detailed analysis of a proposed solution, that can be discussed with the head of Technical Consulting. Via the Product and strategy board these requirements will undertake detailed analysis and if approved it is expected that you will work to develop a solution as part of the client's technology onboarding strategy that will involve setting high level implementation standards and training of other teams within the client's organisation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Location and environment
This role will be based in great offices in Central London; however you will work amongst a team split across our Manchester and London offices.
The culture is non-hierarchical and one which stems from a work hard, but have fun environment. The client's culture is one where they like to laugh, they like to do things together and among all the challenges of growing a fast-paced business, they endorse people being themselves, allowing them to focus on outcomes and substance rather than form. They are proud of their employee engagement and have successfully been listed in the Sunday Times “Best Companies to Work for” for six years and within their group companies, 11 of the last 13 years.
If you think you are a results oriented, positive, strategic thinker as well as tactical practitioner, then this role is the place for you.