DevOps Engineer (remote)
Are you an experienced DevOps engineer who is ready to step up into a role where your skills, inquisitive nature and tenacity will thrive in an open and tight knit team? Are you looking for an organisation with little or no bureaucracy that is growing and evolving? Then this could be the role for you.
My client has an exceptionally strong order book and is investing in its IT team. The company is a leader in its field and has lined up some exciting internal and customer facing projects. The team are close and often work as paired programmers despite being fully remote. They thrive on getting involved with new technologies and actively encourage the learning of new skills in the team.
We are seeking a DevOps Engineer to help modernise our codebase, continuous integration and cloud tooling, but also processes and methods. You’ll be surrounded by smart, highly-capable people in a collaborative environment that encourages the sharing of knowledge and experience. You’ll be passionate, have excellent communication & people skills and a desire to find the right technical solution.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop high standard code to specification using a test-driven development.
- Develop new tools to automate the application release process and deployment pipeline.
- Tests releases, updates and enhancements to existing and new applications
- Writing comprehensive tests to ensure release quality is maintained.
- Provide build and deploy scripts as part of continuous integration and delivery pipeline.
- Troubleshoot bugs/ data issues and identify fixes/ subsequent changes.
- Focus on quality of design and implementation to reduce maintenance overheads.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- 5+ years of experience using C#.NET/ ASP.NET MVC/ Web API in a commercial environment.
- Very strong core coding skills, including OO design, Clean Coding, Testing Techniques
- Strong understanding of DevOps practices and acted as a technical lead.
- Proficient in working with end-to-end CI/CD pipeline builds.
- ARM Templates Script
- OAuth2 / Azure AD
- Azure API Management