SQL BI Developer
My client, a leader in their field, have a new opportunity for a SQL BI Developer based at either their Kendal or Blackburn site.
The SQL BI Developer will be responsible for the organisation's business intelligence reporting which will help drive key performance indicators within all sectors of the business.
The role will encompass the migration of standalone SQL stored procedures into our highly functional and efficient API to then be presented via SAP Cloud Analytics. The successful candidate will need to be able to apply their experience in understanding complex data structures and presenting data in a comprehendible format for all levels of the business as well as a working knowledge of programming in C#.
What are we looking for?
You’ll be surrounded by smart, highly capable people in a collaborative environment that encourages the sharing of knowledge and experience. You’ll be passionate, have excellent communication & people skills with a desire to find the right technical solution.
Your expertise and capabilities should include;
- Developing reports in SQL Server Reporting Services as well as SAP Cloud Analytics
- The development and creation of the data models within C# and also SAP Cloud Analytics
- Perform quality checks on reports and extracts to ensure full reconciliation
- Create exception reports to ensure data quality issues are addressed
- Assist in the migration of reports to an API driven platform
- Focus on quality of design and implementation to reduce maintenance overheads
- Manage workload to deliver work to agreed timescales
- Maintain documentation within our wiki of development and user manuals
You will be a Computer Science (or related field graduate) with over 5 years of commercial experience. You will be obsessive about data and its use in business systems, geek will not be a dirty word to you. Your experience should include;
- Proven ability to write complex SQL reports, in a commercial environment, involving large data sets
- Detailed knowledge of T-SQL and stored procedures
- Experience of data cleansing of large data sets
- Confident of making large scale data changes in a production environment
- Experience of SSRS reports or Crystal Reports at an enterprise level
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good technical design skills including Object Orientated design principles and patterns
- Strong team member with the ability to identify improvements and drive implementation of innovative quality
- Experience of integrating into an ORM
- A track record of large-scale data-focused implementation, for example, data warehousing
- SQL Analysis Services
- Business Intelligence
- Exposure to C# development
- SAP Cloud Analytics
- Data modelling
My client is a leader in its field with a healthy long order book. They invest in their IT team and systems so that their delivery will keep them as the leader in their industry. The team is led by an inspirational manager who knows what makes software and data teams work. He is a hands-on leader who gets involved and knows his technology.
- Are you a Project Manager who is familiar with delivering fast paced software changes?
- Can you lead and influence methods (Agile) that can enhance software delivery?
- Can you plan and manage the continuous delivery of small software changes / projects using both soft and hard skills to get things done in a co-ordinated, communicated, and controlled manner?
If you can answer “yes” to all of these questions, then read on, this may just be the role where you can use your skills and knowledge in an environment that is supportive and encourages career progression based on delivery and your achievements. In this job you can go far.
What are we looking for?
My client who is one of the best employers in the region are looking for an experienced Software Project Manager to own the small changes work-stream. The role is part of the larger Projects team but will have specific responsibility for planning and managing the small changes that are needed quickly by the business.
You will be responsible for the end to end management of small changes ensuring that they are delivered to the agreed scope, within budget and to the agreed timescale. Before applying you should check that you have demonstrable experience in the following areas:
- Working to deliver high volume small changes in a planned and controlled manner
- Ensuring all aspects of small change delivery meet with project governance
- Development and management of the project plan to ensure the project is delivered within the agreed time frame
- Identification and alignment of resources to be able to deliver the project within agreed time frame
- Identification and management of all project risks, issues, assumptions, and dependencies
- Creating and tracking of project budget tracker to ensure project is delivered within the agreed budget
- Effective stakeholder identification and management.
- Build strong relationships with project team
- Take full ownership of the project and drive the project to meet deliverables
- Report/communicate project progress throughout the project lifecycle
- Enhance the current change framework for the Small Change Team
- Plan assigned change items accordingly
The ideal candidate:
- You should have at least 3 years’ experience delivering changes via an agile methodology
- Highly organised and able to coordinate others within the project team
- A great project leader who motivates the project team to achieve deliverables
- Excellent communication and reporting skills keeping key stakeholders informed of progress and issues
- Has ability to build strong relationships with people across the business
- Has a proven track record of delivering significant projects on time and on budget which meet project deliverables
- Team player who understands the role that methods play in great delivery
Jobs are not just about salary, they are where you will spend most of your week, so they need to be a great place to work. My client prides themselves on investing in their staff (as well as their local community) and knows that teams and people are the key to their future success. Here you are not just another number!
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Company pension scheme
- One paid charity day per year
- Collaborative, supportive organisation committed to developing full potential
- Industry recognised qualifications (if applicable)
- Excellent opportunity for career progression based on delivery, output and alignment to CBS values
- Access to Mental Health First Aiders and an extension Employee Assistance Programme
This position will be considered either working full time or part time, which can be family friendly hours or job share would also be considered.
Current working arrangements are 100% remote working due to COVID 19. Future remote working arrangements are negotiable for the right candidate; however, some travel to our Head Office in Carlisle is expected.
Please only apply for this role if you have the right qualifications and experience and are also legally entitled to work in the UK