This is an opportunity to work for a truly global company who work with software products and projects that are highly regarded across the industry. As a Software Developer in their team you will get involved with development for large companies mainly using IBM Maximo products, that in itself is a great career move.
Location: Carlisle (possibly remote for very experienced developers)
Salary: Negotiable depending on skills and experience.
My client is a world-class asset and service management company committed to delivering exceptional performance to asset-intensive industries. Providing an unrivalled end-to-end service, they help UK & International Clients to realise the integrity, safety and reliability of their assets using IBM Maximo and associated products.
From their Head Office in Carlisle they manage the day to day Delivery, Support and Administration of their client’s systems we are seeking a qualified, motivated, and energetic individual to join the team.
The successful candidate will liaise with clients and consultants to produce function specifications, technical specifications and develop solutions based on those specifications. The role comes with full Maximo training & certifications.
Job responsibilities include:
- Designing and analysing applications and software programs
- Participation in every part of the software development life cycle
- Analysing and revising software errors to improve programs
- Conducting extensive unit testing of applications and programs
- Determining and analysing program requirements
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- Ability to produce concise and well-documented designs and code
- Knowledge of J2EE classes and object-oriented design
- Knowledge of either SQL Server, Oracle or DB2 database environments
- Working knowledge of web services or other integration technologies
- Self-starter who possesses strong troubleshooting and communications skills
- Visual Studio.Net and/or Eclipse proficient
- Experience developing web-based mobile solutions (Apple/Android)
- Experience with IBM’s Maximo application
- Familiar with Actuate, BIRT or Cognos reporting
- Knowledge of enterprise asset and work management processes
- Degree or equivalent in a numeric or computational subject
- Proficient English speaker
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Ability to travel to client sites when required
If you feel you already have the technical skills and experience, or if you feel that you have a lot of what we are looking for plus the determination to learn the rest, then please get in touch for a confidential discussion.
Software Developer for Award Winning Company
A fantastic opportunity for a talented Full-Stack Software Developer to become part of a team based in beautiful Windermere, extending the platform that powers our unique business and helping us create superb new products that will improve lives. The role offers a high degree of freedom to explore emergent technologies.
You will need proven experience of bringing software projects to life within an agile team using Python, AngularJS, RESTful services/microservices and various other technologies like Node.js that are used in modern web applications. You will also be supporting migration between technologies.
An interest or real experience in the design of software architecture would be an advantage as well as leading on projects from user story through to production. We're looking for smart and likeable people who enjoy problem solving and making the world a better place.
- Python (Flask / Django)
- Java (EE / Spring)
- CFML on Lucee (legacy)
- HTML5 / CSS3 / PWA
- REST / JSON / JWT
- PostgreSQL / MySQL / ActiveMQ
- Git / SSH / LDAP/ Slack
- Ubuntu / Apache Tomcat / Nginx / HAProxy / WSGI / SSL / TLS
- VMWare ESXi / Docker / Rancher / Kubernetes / Vagrant
The technology team is based in Windermere so there would be an expectation that you could be in the office on a regular basis, however the exact location is flexible due to the current climate. You would also from time to time be part of an on-call rota supporting the software platform.
Salary and benefits
Salary is always an interesting discussion. The company are a great place who place a high value on their team and working environment. For the right candidate, and they are deliberately fussy, the salary will be right. The company are open to developers with a couple of years’ experience right through to seasoned professional geeks. The salary is obviously different depending upon what you can bring to the team.
This is a great opportunity for a candidate who can demonstrate not just technical expertise but the passion and drive to work for a great company that has energy, drive and vision. The role is based is the beautiful English Lake District, however once proven in the role there will be plenty of opportunity to work remotely as part of the team.
The company are a tight knit team who believe in minimal bureaucracy and getting the job done. All teams across the company thrive on a “can do” attitude where they are all contributing to one company set of goals. The company has extraordinarily little staff turnover, that says a lot about the team and working environment that they value.
My client is a leading player in industrial robotics. They lead technological innovation by combining creative applications of emerging sensor technology, robotics, and algorithms with a focus on commercial success and an entrepreneurial spirit to solve real human challenges. At their heart is a team of multi-skilled individuals who bridge the gap between academic and industrial approaches: they are defined by a technical capability, not a market; but everything we do is defined and guided by a commercial objective.
- helping to define the architecture and implementation for applications
- developing applications to control instrumentation
- developing applications to acquire, analyse and display data
- User Experience
- code control and structured testing.
- You should have a minimum of 5 years commercial experience delivering software using C++
- A natural passionate mind for new technologies, innovation and creating products that wow the customer.
- Love solving exciting and challenging problems.
- Able to view problems from the customer’s perspective and understand what gives the customer value.
- You should possess exceptional software engineering skills and knowledge of the software development life cycle, from idea through build and deployment to retirement.
- Make things work and get things done.
- Has a can-do attitude, hitting deadlines, and with high levels of self-motivation.
- Demonstrates accountability and ownership, prioritises own workload.
- Has teamwork spirit and enjoys knowledge sharing with colleagues. Works well with others and actively contributes towards team objectives.
- Is an advocate of clean re-usable code, with a solid knowledge and application of O-O principles.
- Understands the advantages, costs and consequences of re-factorisation and re-design.
- Demonstrates technical excellence and rigour. Has broad and relevant skill set and is able to quickly learn new skills.
- Is flexible and adaptable, being positive and focused when working under pressure.
- Is capable and an enthusiast of self-learning and facing constant new challenges.
- Excellence in developing software solutions using C++ in complex projects using OOD and OOP
- Excellence in User Experience - developing user interfaces that align to the customers’ business workflow and allow the effective display and manipulation of senor data (e.g. video, pointcloud, image overlays).
- Good experience in structured automated testing, build and deployment techniques/technologies.
- Good experience in version control (e.g. Git) and branching strategies.
- Good track record of delivering solutions on time.
- Proficiency in Linux including system admin skills.
- Experience with embedded systems (e.g. Jetson).
- Experience working with control systems, data acquisition and sensors.
- Experience with agile working principles such as Scrum.
- Experience in Agile toolsets (e.g. JIRA) and knowledge management tools (e.g. Confluence, SharePoint).
- Experience of Test-Driven Development • Experience of continuous integration.
- Experience of additional software languages (e.g. Python, C#, Matlab).
- Understanding of virtualisation and containerisation (e.g. Docker)
25 days holiday
The option to buy and sell up to 5 days holiday
5% pension contribution
Flexible working hours – with core hours being 10am to 4pm, the remainder self managed based on workload and agreement with manager. We have some people who tend to start early and finish early and others start late and work late.
37.5 hour week.
If you have the skills and mindset to be successful in this role, you will find this role very fulfilling.
SQL BI Developer
My client, a leader in their field, have a new opportunity for a SQL BI Developer based at either their Kendal or Blackburn site.
The SQL BI Developer will be responsible for the organisation's business intelligence reporting which will help drive key performance indicators within all sectors of the business.
The role will encompass the migration of standalone SQL stored procedures into our highly functional and efficient API to then be presented via SAP Cloud Analytics. The successful candidate will need to be able to apply their experience in understanding complex data structures and presenting data in a comprehendible format for all levels of the business as well as a working knowledge of programming in C#.
What are we looking for?
You’ll be surrounded by smart, highly capable people in a collaborative environment that encourages the sharing of knowledge and experience. You’ll be passionate, have excellent communication & people skills with a desire to find the right technical solution.
Your expertise and capabilities should include;
- Developing reports in SQL Server Reporting Services as well as SAP Cloud Analytics
- The development and creation of the data models within C# and also SAP Cloud Analytics
- Perform quality checks on reports and extracts to ensure full reconciliation
- Create exception reports to ensure data quality issues are addressed
- Assist in the migration of reports to an API driven platform
- Focus on quality of design and implementation to reduce maintenance overheads
- Manage workload to deliver work to agreed timescales
- Maintain documentation within our wiki of development and user manuals
You will be a Computer Science (or related field graduate) with over 5 years of commercial experience. You will be obsessive about data and its use in business systems, geek will not be a dirty word to you. Your experience should include;
- Proven ability to write complex SQL reports, in a commercial environment, involving large data sets
- Detailed knowledge of T-SQL and stored procedures
- Experience of data cleansing of large data sets
- Confident of making large scale data changes in a production environment
- Experience of SSRS reports or Crystal Reports at an enterprise level
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good technical design skills including Object Orientated design principles and patterns
- Strong team member with the ability to identify improvements and drive implementation of innovative quality
- Experience of integrating into an ORM
- A track record of large-scale data-focused implementation, for example, data warehousing
- SQL Analysis Services
- Business Intelligence
- Exposure to C# development
- SAP Cloud Analytics
- Data modelling
My client is a leader in its field with a healthy long order book. They invest in their IT team and systems so that their delivery will keep them as the leader in their industry. The team is led by an inspirational manager who knows what makes software and data teams work. He is a hands-on leader who gets involved and knows his technology.
Are you a Developer who can lead and influence others around you? Are you ready to step up into a role where your skills, inquisitive nature and tenacity will thrive in an open and tight knit team? Are you looking for an organisation with little or no bureaucracy that is growing and evolving? Then this could be the role for you!
I am looking for a self-motivated, driven and enthusiastic individual to join a growing IT Team as a Senior Developer, based in Blackburn at the head office. You will be responsible for improving and maintaining the company's Bespoke Software solutions. Delivering IT projects on time and engaging with other departments to ensure that this happens is a key part of the role as well as assisting your colleagues with knowledge transfer regarding application that you have developed and providing day to day IT support for the Group.
Experience and skills;
- Strong OO design knowledge.
- Good knowledge of test-driven development and continuous integration.
- 2 years+ professional experience with the following HTML5, MVC, Angular, EF.
- Integration of web APIs - REST/JSON/XML.
- Strong knowledge and experience with various DBMS.
- Proven work experience in an agile environment (Scrum).
- Strong knowledge of version control and task tracking systems.
- 5+ years commercial experience.
- Team player.
- Comfortable with collective code ownership and pair programming.
- Creative problem solver and able to think out-side the box.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- SSRS / Crystal Reports Experience
Why This Role?
Established in 1993, the company has grown into one of the UK's largest and best-known companies in their field. As one of the employees you will be part of a growing organisation that is constantly looking for new ways to expand and develop their systems, processes and most importantly, you.
- Competitive Salary.
- Auto enrolment pension scheme.
- Childcare vouchers.
- Discounted gym membership (T&C's apply).
- 33 days holiday (including Bank Holidays).
- Free on-site car parking.
- A Personal Development Plan for all employees after 3 months service.
- Excellent career progression plans.
- Easily accessible by commuters.
If you think you have the necessary skills, experience and personal qualities to make a difference at this company and help them take the next step in their expansion, please apply and hear more about this great opportunity.
A Graduate Developer opportunity with a company that will give you the best start in your IT career. Learn all about software development in a corporate background and become fully trained in an ERP platform that is used across many industries.
My client is a world-class asset and service management company committed to delivering exceptional performance to asset-intensive industries.
Providing an unrivalled end-to-end service, we help our UK and international clients to realise the integrity, safety and reliability of their assets using IBM Maximo Asset Management and associated products.
As an IBM Business Partner, they support both Blue Chip and Mid-Market Businesses, enabling them to realise the benefits of their investment. Our value-added services include Cloud Hosting and Mobility Solutions. We work with a range of clients across Facilities Management, Energy and the Public Sector.
Who are we looking for?
The role available is for graduates with a degree in a numeric or computational subject such as Mathematics, Sciences and Computing/Computer Sciences. We are looking for applicants who will be able to demonstrate their ability through self-paced learning and mentoring to take on a technical role working with IBM’s Maximo solution.
What will you get involved in?
Within the first three months you will undertake an IBM certification course. Once achieved, you will then assume a position in BPD Zenith’s Delivery Team where you will begin to work on real-world client projects, with direction and support from the Delivery Manager and other members of the BPD team.
The goal of the graduate role is to build and develop your IBM Maximo and developer skills through hands-on work, individual learning and support and mentoring from experienced developers. With a longer-term view, you may be interested in moving in to a Consultancy role, working on site with clients.
Day to day activities will include;
- Design software solutions to meet specifications
- Produce maintainable software components that operate as part of a large multi-process system
- Unit test software components to verify behaviour and resilience
- Perform functional testing of the system on a full installation that replicates real world use
- Provide content for functional and technical documentation
- Help peers by sharing expertise
- Apply technical expertise to investigate and resolve customer software issues
- Work independently and in close collaboration with team members
- Analysing and revising software errors to improve programs
What do we need from you?
We want the best graduates available, not necessarily the one with the best qualifications. You need to be able to demonstrate all the points below. You need to show why a company should invest in you.
- A degree in a numeric, computational or science subject
- Proficient at using computers and common software such as word, excel etc.
- A genuine interest in technology (web design, app development, new technologies) and applying this in the real world
- Positive attitude to work with the ability to learn quickly
- Good analytical skills with the perseverance to solve problems
- Take pride in the quality of your work with good attention to detail
- Able to work productively, both autonomously and as part of a team
- Ability to plan effectively and deliver to deadlines
- Understand that resolving issues is just as important as building new features
- Good customer service and communication skills
- Proficient in written and spoken English
- Eligible to work in the UK
Other things that may be an advantage
It does not matter if you do have the next few points in your bag, but it will help if you do.
- Experience in SQL, Python or similar object-oriented languages
- Experience in writing and maintaining unit tests
- Familiarity with computer networking including Amazon and Cloud
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate. Take time to think it over and how you can demonstrate the value you could add in the role.