Are you a Developer who can lead and influence others around you? Are you ready to step up into a role where your skills, inquisitive nature and tenacity will thrive in an open and tight knit team? Are you looking for an organisation with little or no bureaucracy that is growing and evolving? Then this could be the role for you!
I am looking for a self-motivated, driven and enthusiastic individual to join a growing IT Team as a Senior Developer, based in Blackburn at the head office. You will be responsible for improving and maintaining the company's Bespoke Software solutions. Delivering IT projects on time and engaging with other departments to ensure that this happens is a key part of the role as well as assisting your colleagues with knowledge transfer regarding application that you have developed and providing day to day IT support for the Group.
Experience and skills;
- Strong OO design knowledge.
- Good knowledge of test-driven development and continuous integration.
- 2 years+ professional experience with the following HTML5, MVC, Angular, EF.
- Integration of web APIs - REST/JSON/XML.
- Strong knowledge and experience with various DBMS.
- Proven work experience in an agile environment (Scrum).
- Strong knowledge of version control and task tracking systems.
- 5+ years commercial experience.
- Team player.
- Comfortable with collective code ownership and pair programming.
- Creative problem solver and able to think out-side the box.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- SSRS / Crystal Reports Experience
Why This Role?
Established in 1993, the company has grown into one of the UK's largest and best-known companies in their field. As one of the employees you will be part of a growing organisation that is constantly looking for new ways to expand and develop their systems, processes and most importantly, you.
- Competitive Salary.
- Auto enrolment pension scheme.
- Childcare vouchers.
- Discounted gym membership (T&C's apply).
- 33 days holiday (including Bank Holidays).
- Free on-site car parking.
- A Personal Development Plan for all employees after 3 months service.
- Excellent career progression plans.
- Easily accessible by commuters.
If you think you have the necessary skills, experience and personal qualities to make a difference at this company and help them take the next step in their expansion, please apply and hear more about this great opportunity.
A seldom available opportunity to join an Innovative Team in a Fast-Paced, Forward-Thinking Environment that Prides Itself on Providing World-Class Products to some of the country’s Biggest Companies.
- Are you an experienced Software Developer with a good knowledge of C#?
- Do you want to work for a class leading company that is growing fast?
- Do you want to be part of a vibrant team focussed approach to IT Delivery?
- Do you want to work in the beautiful South Lakeland?
I am looking for a bright and enthusiastic individual to be a key member of a growing and energetic software development team. You’ll be surrounded by smart, highly capable people in a collaborative environment that encourages the sharing of knowledge and experience. You’ll be passionate, have excellent communication & people skills and a desire to find the right technical solution.
The role/ responsibilities will include;
- Complete all phases of the software development lifecycle including; analysis, design, development, testing and support.
- Troubleshoot bugs/ data issues and identify fixes/ subsequent changes.
- Undertake software support as part of a support rota within the department.
- Focus on quality of design and implementation to reduce maintenance overheads.
- Manage workload to deliver work to agreed timescales.
- Maintain documentation within our wiki of development and support fixes.
- 3 years of experience using C#.NET/ ASP.NET MVC/ Web API in a commercial or education environment.
- 3 years of experience using Microsoft SQL Server in a commercial or education environment, including knowledge of T-SQL, stored procedures and SSRS reports.
- Experience in Agile methodology.
- Good technical design skills including OO design principles and design patterns.
- Willingness to attend client premises to install/ support our software products.
- HTML5, CSS3 & responsive web design.
- Commercial experience developing large business critical systems.
- Commercial experience of Microsoft SQL Server.
- Telerik Controls.
The salary range is very wide as we would like to hear from talented developers who may have just embarked on their career through to developers who have been seen and done it. On top of the salary, the company offer a benefits package and pension scheme. Working in the Lake District comes for free.