- Do you want to be part of a team that are using technology to modernise their business?
- Do you want to be part of a team who are being backed and invested in to deliver real change?
- Can you plan and manage projects using both soft and hard skills to get things done in a co-ordinated, communicated and controlled manner?
If you can answer “yes” to all of these questions, then read on, this may just be the role where you can use your skills and knowledge in an environment that is supportive and encourages career progression based on delivery and your achievements. In this job you can go far.
What are we looking for?
My client is adding an IT Project Manager to their existing team. The team are modernising and driving the technology change agenda across their business. To do this successfully they are looking for an IT Project Manager with experience of working within project frameworks in a regulated environment. You should be technically astute, there will be domain experts to work with, however you should possess enough technical knowhow to ensure that you can work well with all aspects of the team. You will have key relationships with other internal non-technical teams and 3rd parties so you should posses great soft skills and know how to communicate with non-technical teams.
If this sounds like you, this opportunity is with a company that offers you a career rather than just a job.
What is on offer?
A job is about so much more that what is usually talked about. This role comes with a first-class ethical company who look after their teams and make their environment a great place to work. Their salary and package is about much more than pound notes, it is about being in a role with security and growth where you will enjoy being part of the team.
- Salary to £37k depending on experience plus benefits
- 25 days annual leave (depending on starting salary) plus 8 bank holidays,
- Site based role at their office in Carlisle with occasional travel
- Company pension scheme (after 3-month qualifying period, 5% employer, 4% employee)
- A paid community day each year
- Collaborative, supportive organisation committed to developing full potential
- Excellent opportunity for career progression based on delivery, output and alignment to the company’s values
About the role
As IT Project Manager you will be responsible for the end to end management of IT and Technical projects according to best practice principles by planning, executing and closing projects according to strict deadlines and timescales. You will define the project objectives and oversee the quality control throughout its lifecycle.
You will be responsible for driving forward the IT Change Management framework and will manage the IT project portfolio.
You will build successful working relationships with your colleagues within the IT department as well as business change, internal business teams and third-party suppliers.
This role requires a technical astute Project Manager who can make a real difference working in a dynamic, ever changing environment.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate:
- A strong technical understanding and background.
- Previous experience managing multiple concurrent technical projects through the full lifecycle (e.g. idea, initiation, definition, build, test and live and closure).
- Experience of managing a range of technical projects which have incorporated changes across multiple platforms, business areas or systems.
- Have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with strong stakeholder management and influencing skills.
- An aptitude to work with autonomy, be organised and ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Strong analysis and decision-making skills with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Pro-activity and self-motivation with the proven ability to drive results and provide excellent customer services to all levels of the organisation.
- High level of motivation to see success delivered through own personal efforts and those around them.
- Ability to demonstrate and enhance the core values of the company.
- Demonstrable experience in a similar IT Project Manager role ideally within a Financial Services led environment or equivalent highly regulated industry
- A requirement of the role is to complete an APM Project Professional Qualification (PPQ), unless you already hold a similar industry recognised qualification.
If what you have read matches your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to apply. It is the best role of its kind in the area.