SQL BI Developer
My client, a leader in their field, have a new opportunity for a SQL BI Developer based at either their Kendal or Blackburn site.
The SQL BI Developer will be responsible for the organisation's business intelligence reporting which will help drive key performance indicators within all sectors of the business.
The role will encompass the migration of standalone SQL stored procedures into our highly functional and efficient API to then be presented via SAP Cloud Analytics. The successful candidate will need to be able to apply their experience in understanding complex data structures and presenting data in a comprehendible format for all levels of the business as well as a working knowledge of programming in C#.
What are we looking for?
You’ll be surrounded by smart, highly capable people in a collaborative environment that encourages the sharing of knowledge and experience. You’ll be passionate, have excellent communication & people skills with a desire to find the right technical solution.
Your expertise and capabilities should include;
- Developing reports in SQL Server Reporting Services as well as SAP Cloud Analytics
- The development and creation of the data models within C# and also SAP Cloud Analytics
- Perform quality checks on reports and extracts to ensure full reconciliation
- Create exception reports to ensure data quality issues are addressed
- Assist in the migration of reports to an API driven platform
- Focus on quality of design and implementation to reduce maintenance overheads
- Manage workload to deliver work to agreed timescales
- Maintain documentation within our wiki of development and user manuals
You will be a Computer Science (or related field graduate) with over 5 years of commercial experience. You will be obsessive about data and its use in business systems, geek will not be a dirty word to you. Your experience should include;
- Proven ability to write complex SQL reports, in a commercial environment, involving large data sets
- Detailed knowledge of T-SQL and stored procedures
- Experience of data cleansing of large data sets
- Confident of making large scale data changes in a production environment
- Experience of SSRS reports or Crystal Reports at an enterprise level
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good technical design skills including Object Orientated design principles and patterns
- Strong team member with the ability to identify improvements and drive implementation of innovative quality
- Experience of integrating into an ORM
- A track record of large-scale data-focused implementation, for example, data warehousing
- SQL Analysis Services
- Business Intelligence
- Exposure to C# development
- SAP Cloud Analytics
- Data modelling
My client is a leader in its field with a healthy long order book. They invest in their IT team and systems so that their delivery will keep them as the leader in their industry. The team is led by an inspirational manager who knows what makes software and data teams work. He is a hands-on leader who gets involved and knows his technology.