Software Developer (Java, C#, C++ or similar)
This is an opportunity to work for a truly global company who work with software products and projects that are highly regarded across the industry. As a Software Developer in their team you will get involved with development for large companies mainly using IBM Maximo products, that in itself is a great career move.
Location: Carlisle (possibly remote for very experienced developers)
Salary: Negotiable depending on skills and experience.
My client is a world-class asset and service management company committed to delivering exceptional performance to asset-intensive industries. Providing an unrivalled end-to-end service, they help UK & International Clients to realise the integrity, safety and reliability of their assets using IBM Maximo and associated products.
From their Head Office in Carlisle they manage the day to day Delivery, Support and Administration of their client’s systems we are seeking a qualified, motivated, and energetic individual to join the team.
The successful candidate will liaise with clients and consultants to produce function specifications, technical specifications and develop solutions based on those specifications. The role comes with full Maximo training & certifications.
Job responsibilities include:
- Designing and analysing applications and software programs
- Participation in every part of the software development life cycle
- Analysing and revising software errors to improve programs
- Conducting extensive unit testing of applications and programs
- Determining and analysing program requirements
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- Experience of software design and development experience using Java, C#, C++ or similar
- Ability to produce concise and well-documented designs and code
- Knowledge of J2EE classes and object-oriented design
- Knowledge of either SQL Server, Oracle or DB2 database environments
- Working knowledge of web services or other integration technologies
- Self-starter who possesses strong troubleshooting and communications skills
- Visual Studio.Net and/or Eclipse proficient
- Experience developing web-based mobile solutions (Apple/Android)
- Experience with IBM’s Maximo application
- Familiar with Actuate, BIRT or Cognos reporting
- Knowledge of enterprise asset and work management processes
- Degree or equivalent in a numeric or computational subject
- Proficient English speaker
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Ability to travel to client sites when required
If you feel you already have the technical skills and experience, or if you feel that you have a lot of what we are looking for plus the determination to learn the rest, then please get in touch for a confidential discussion.