My client is a leading player in industrial robotics. They lead technological innovation by combining creative applications of emerging sensor technology, robotics, and algorithms with a focus on commercial success and an entrepreneurial spirit to solve real human challenges. At their heart is a team of multi-skilled individuals who bridge the gap between academic and industrial approaches: they are defined by a technical capability, not a market; but everything we do is defined and guided by a commercial objective.
- helping to define the architecture and implementation for applications
- developing applications to control instrumentation
- developing applications to acquire, analyse and display data
- User Experience
- code control and structured testing.
- You should have a minimum of 5 years commercial experience delivering software using C++
- A natural passionate mind for new technologies, innovation and creating products that wow the customer.
- Love solving exciting and challenging problems.
- Able to view problems from the customer’s perspective and understand what gives the customer value.
- You should possess exceptional software engineering skills and knowledge of the software development life cycle, from idea through build and deployment to retirement.
- Make things work and get things done.
- Has a can-do attitude, hitting deadlines, and with high levels of self-motivation.
- Demonstrates accountability and ownership, prioritises own workload.
- Has teamwork spirit and enjoys knowledge sharing with colleagues. Works well with others and actively contributes towards team objectives.
- Is an advocate of clean re-usable code, with a solid knowledge and application of O-O principles.
- Understands the advantages, costs and consequences of re-factorisation and re-design.
- Demonstrates technical excellence and rigour. Has broad and relevant skill set and is able to quickly learn new skills.
- Is flexible and adaptable, being positive and focused when working under pressure.
- Is capable and an enthusiast of self-learning and facing constant new challenges.
- Excellence in developing software solutions using C++ in complex projects using OOD and OOP
- Excellence in User Experience - developing user interfaces that align to the customers’ business workflow and allow the effective display and manipulation of senor data (e.g. video, pointcloud, image overlays).
- Good experience in structured automated testing, build and deployment techniques/technologies.
- Good experience in version control (e.g. Git) and branching strategies.
- Good track record of delivering solutions on time.
- Proficiency in Linux including system admin skills.
- Experience with embedded systems (e.g. Jetson).
- Experience working with control systems, data acquisition and sensors.
- Experience with agile working principles such as Scrum.
- Experience in Agile toolsets (e.g. JIRA) and knowledge management tools (e.g. Confluence, SharePoint).
- Experience of Test-Driven Development • Experience of continuous integration.
- Experience of additional software languages (e.g. Python, C#, Matlab).
- Understanding of virtualisation and containerisation (e.g. Docker)
25 days holiday
The option to buy and sell up to 5 days holiday
5% pension contribution
Flexible working hours – with core hours being 10am to 4pm, the remainder self managed based on workload and agreement with manager. We have some people who tend to start early and finish early and others start late and work late.
37.5 hour week.
If you have the skills and mindset to be successful in this role, you will find this role very fulfilling.