- Are you a Project Manager who is familiar with delivering fast paced software changes?
- Can you lead and influence methods (Agile) that can enhance software delivery?
- Can you plan and manage the continuous delivery of small software changes / projects using both soft and hard skills to get things done in a co-ordinated, communicated, and controlled manner?
If you can answer “yes” to all of these questions, then read on, this may just be the role where you can use your skills and knowledge in an environment that is supportive and encourages career progression based on delivery and your achievements. In this job you can go far.
What are we looking for?
My client who is one of the best employers in the region are looking for an experienced Software Project Manager to own the small changes work-stream. The role is part of the larger Projects team but will have specific responsibility for planning and managing the small changes that are needed quickly by the business.
You will be responsible for the end to end management of small changes ensuring that they are delivered to the agreed scope, within budget and to the agreed timescale. Before applying you should check that you have demonstrable experience in the following areas:
- Working to deliver high volume small changes in a planned and controlled manner
- Ensuring all aspects of small change delivery meet with project governance
- Development and management of the project plan to ensure the project is delivered within the agreed time frame
- Identification and alignment of resources to be able to deliver the project within agreed time frame
- Identification and management of all project risks, issues, assumptions, and dependencies
- Creating and tracking of project budget tracker to ensure project is delivered within the agreed budget
- Effective stakeholder identification and management.
- Build strong relationships with project team
- Take full ownership of the project and drive the project to meet deliverables
- Report/communicate project progress throughout the project lifecycle
- Enhance the current change framework for the Small Change Team
- Plan assigned change items accordingly
The ideal candidate:
- You should have at least 3 years’ experience delivering changes via an agile methodology
- Highly organised and able to coordinate others within the project team
- A great project leader who motivates the project team to achieve deliverables
- Excellent communication and reporting skills keeping key stakeholders informed of progress and issues
- Has ability to build strong relationships with people across the business
- Has a proven track record of delivering significant projects on time and on budget which meet project deliverables
- Team player who understands the role that methods play in great delivery
Jobs are not just about salary, they are where you will spend most of your week, so they need to be a great place to work. My client prides themselves on investing in their staff (as well as their local community) and knows that teams and people are the key to their future success. Here you are not just another number!
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Company pension scheme
- One paid charity day per year
- Collaborative, supportive organisation committed to developing full potential
- Industry recognised qualifications (if applicable)
- Excellent opportunity for career progression based on delivery, output and alignment to CBS values
- Access to Mental Health First Aiders and an extension Employee Assistance Programme
This position will be considered either working full time or part time, which can be family friendly hours or job share would also be considered.
Current working arrangements are 100% remote working due to COVID 19. Future remote working arrangements are negotiable for the right candidate; however, some travel to our Head Office in Carlisle is expected.
Please only apply for this role if you have the right qualifications and experience and are also legally entitled to work in the UK