A Graduate Developer opportunity with a company that will give you the best start in your IT career. Learn all about software development in a corporate background and become fully trained in an ERP platform that is used across many industries.
My client is a world-class asset and service management company committed to delivering exceptional performance to asset-intensive industries.
Providing an unrivalled end-to-end service, we help our UK and international clients to realise the integrity, safety and reliability of their assets using IBM Maximo Asset Management and associated products.
As an IBM Business Partner, they support both Blue Chip and Mid-Market Businesses, enabling them to realise the benefits of their investment. Our value-added services include Cloud Hosting and Mobility Solutions. We work with a range of clients across Facilities Management, Energy and the Public Sector.
Who are we looking for?
The role available is for graduates with a degree in a numeric or computational subject such as Mathematics, Sciences and Computing/Computer Sciences. We are looking for applicants who will be able to demonstrate their ability through self-paced learning and mentoring to take on a technical role working with IBM’s Maximo solution.
What will you get involved in?
Within the first three months you will undertake an IBM certification course. Once achieved, you will then assume a position in BPD Zenith’s Delivery Team where you will begin to work on real-world client projects, with direction and support from the Delivery Manager and other members of the BPD team.
The goal of the graduate role is to build and develop your IBM Maximo and developer skills through hands-on work, individual learning and support and mentoring from experienced developers. With a longer-term view, you may be interested in moving in to a Consultancy role, working on site with clients.
Day to day activities will include;
- Design software solutions to meet specifications
- Produce maintainable software components that operate as part of a large multi-process system
- Unit test software components to verify behaviour and resilience
- Perform functional testing of the system on a full installation that replicates real world use
- Provide content for functional and technical documentation
- Help peers by sharing expertise
- Apply technical expertise to investigate and resolve customer software issues
- Work independently and in close collaboration with team members
- Analysing and revising software errors to improve programs
What do we need from you?
We want the best graduates available, not necessarily the one with the best qualifications. You need to be able to demonstrate all the points below. You need to show why a company should invest in you.
- A degree in a numeric, computational or science subject
- Proficient at using computers and common software such as word, excel etc.
- A genuine interest in technology (web design, app development, new technologies) and applying this in the real world
- Positive attitude to work with the ability to learn quickly
- Good analytical skills with the perseverance to solve problems
- Take pride in the quality of your work with good attention to detail
- Able to work productively, both autonomously and as part of a team
- Ability to plan effectively and deliver to deadlines
- Understand that resolving issues is just as important as building new features
- Good customer service and communication skills
- Proficient in written and spoken English
- Eligible to work in the UK
Other things that may be an advantage
It does not matter if you do have the next few points in your bag, but it will help if you do.
- Experience in SQL, Python or similar object-oriented languages
- Experience in writing and maintaining unit tests
- Familiarity with computer networking including Amazon and Cloud
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate. Take time to think it over and how you can demonstrate the value you could add in the role.