Systems Developer/Analyst - VB & SQL
·Do you have over 5 years’ experience as a Systems Analyst Developer using VB6 & SQL in a manufacturing environment?
·Are you someone who likes to get the analysis right before looking to develop solutions?
·Can you use your soft skills to get the best from colleagues and users?
·Do you understand manufacturing businesses and ERP solutions?
If all the above describes you and your skillset, my client has a great opportunity which is being offered as an initial 12-month fixed term contract with the likelihood to become a permanent role for the right candidate.
What will you be doing?
Working as part of the IT Team, you will be working on new solutions together with supporting and enhancing existing solutions.
- Providing advice and ongoing systems support to teams and individuals.
- Produce quality outputs for each phase of the development cycle.
- Identifying areas for improvement, assisting users in developing improvements and procedures.
- The delivery of solutions linking complex features of the programming language, database structures and other application interfaces, providing the business with an effective solution.
- Developing options for review to reach a solution to achieve the best outcome which may mean adapting \ enhancing an earlier approach.
- Extracts data from databases to support users.
- Executes investigations in support of business system development and service delivery.
- Supports other members of the IT Department, including the identification of solutions to business problems.
What Skills do you need to have?
The VB & SQL – Systems Developer/Analyst should have:
- Information systems and commercial experience in support of projects through all development stages from evaluation to implementation.
- Competent in Visual Basic 6 & SQL.
- Knowledge of the structure and use of Microsoft development tools.
- Understanding of database structures, accessing, interfacing, and reporting data.
- Ability to link applications.
- System design:
- Business analysis.
- Designing solutions.
- Specifying solutions.
- Support and maintenance.
- 5 + years of relevant experience in VB6 plus SQL development.
- Experience in Manufacturing ERP desirable.
- Manufacturing environment experience desirable.
What is in it for you?
Working with an industry leader in their field, this is an opportunity to get involved with a great systems modernisation programme that will take the company to the next level.
The role is a fixed term contract so on top of the salary you will receive all the benefits that are available to full time employees, i.e., pension, holidays etc.
There may be an opportunity for the right candidate to become a permanent member of the team after the fixed term contract.