You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
Software Test Analyst
What are we looking for?
We are looking for an experience System Tester with at least three years professional experience across the full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). You will use your solid hands-on experience of both manual test scripting and automation tools to help enhance the quality of our IT offering within a fast-paced, expanding organisation.
These are exciting times at my client, they are leading the UK market in their field and investing for future growth.
As part of an agile development team, you will be working with complex systems that span the full lifecycle from product ordering and bespoke design, to manufacturing and delivery. You will be testing and quality-checking systems that make a real positive difference for customers and staff alike.
You should be a testing professional who is looking for their next role where you can influence how things are done. A team player with great understanding of the SDLC and how Testing plays a key role in ensuring great software delivery.
As well as having three years+ professional testing experience, you should be able to evidence your experience in providing of some or all the following skills and qualities:
- Proven track record of improving system quality.
- Proven track record of mitigating release issues
- Experience of working in an agile environment.
- Great problem-solving and creative thinking skills
- Strong history of good teamwork
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-motivated with enthusiasm and desire to learn.
- Enjoy the challenge of working in a fast-paced industry.
- Working experience of ITIL would be advantageous.
What will you be doing?
You will be working closely with our in-house developers and teams across our business to mitigate release issues and bugs and improve the quality of our systems. Your responsibilities will include:
- Design and delivery of structured test methods and processes
- Design of test environments
- Design and delivery of automated tests
- Design and delivery of test plans
- Performance testing including load, soak and stress.
- Test analysis and documentation / reports
- BDD (Behaviour-Driven Development) testing and reporting
- Designing and refining user stories
- Employing testing frameworks such as JMeter, FIT, Gatling, Selenium
- Employing automated test tools such as Cucumber, Spock, Jab
- Rapid software testing
- Context driven testing.
- Writing project test plans, undertaking role of consultant when required
- Assisting in design and definitions of user acceptance tests
- Ensuring software is ready for Release management.
What will you be involved in?
You will be working on a wide variety of projects such as:
- iOS and Android Customer Companion App
- Internally facing Progressive Web Apps for Android scanning devices
- Customer portal for designing and ordering bespoke products.
- Group ecommerce websites
- Manufacturing systems
- ERP-interfacing systems
What technical experience do you need?
The successful candidate will have a solid appreciation of the following:
- Server-side development practices (e.g. web services and APIs, MVC, ASP.NET)
- Data and Database development practices (e.g. JSON, SQL, SQL Server, SPs, Jobs, data transfer)
What is in it for you?
As well as working in a progressive IT Team for a market leading company, you will receive a range of benefits, including:
- Completive salary and holiday entitlement
- Hybrid working
- Performance based bonus
- Personal development plan and career pathway
- E-learning and training as part of role
The role is hybrid working, i.e., a split of home working and office-based meetings in Blackburn. Please only apply for this role if you have the right to work in the UK.