You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
Project Manager - Change Projects
My client is a market leader with a strong brand and reputation. They are looking for a solid Project Manager to work as part of the team who are tasked with delivering the Change Strategy for the business.
What are we looking for?
You will be a project manger who can work with minimal direction within a tight knit team. You will understand that projects are all about realising the benefits identified with Business Cases and have the knowledge and skills to unite different teams (and 3rd party suppliers) around common goals and targets.
The successful candidate will have a natural ability to understand business benefits, business processes and the human side of change delivery. Your organisational skills in planning, mobilising and delivering projects from concepts through to benefits realisation will be second to none.
As a PM you will be a natural and accurate communicator who will be comfortable with all levels of the business. You will be able to communicate complexity in simple, clear and concise terms and will be the champion for what your projects will deliver.
What is on offer?
The role is initially fully remote, however when the Covid-19 rules are relaxed the successful candidate will be required to be on-site when required, this could be one or two days a week, however as a seasoned PM you will understand that travel and on-site attendance may be required as and when project tasks demand it.
The role is full-time (39 hrs per week) and will pay a good salary depending on experience. There are all usual benefits including holidays, matched pension contributions and staff discounts.
The working environment is first class with modern class leading offices and facilities.
About the role
The Project Manager role is seen as especially important to ensure that Change Projects are delivered successfully. The right candidate will understand and be able to evidence doing the following;
Drives Business Success (key outputs that form the basis of the role in terms of deliverables and expectations)
- To provide the required levels of performance within all assigned areas of work, working to deliver a consistent and exceptional service to our customers and colleagues
- To take ownership of assigned projects through their lifecycle, adhering to agreed quality gates and controls, whilst ensuring they are delivered on time and to budget
- To ensure that all projects have a signed off business case before proceeding
- To ensure that any changes do not compromise any data integrity, data security or system security, or impact adversely upon our customers, and are compliant with all applicable UK regulations
- Post completion of each project, to review and report upon actual benefits realised versus those projected in the business case, making recommendations for improvement
- You will be responsible for the effective matrix management of project resources
Operational Excellence (specific measures and processes the post-holder is expected to adhere to)
- To effectively manage concurrent projects of different sizes and business priorities.
- To be capable of communicating equally effectively with both technical and non-technical colleagues
- To be an expert in the company’s business processes
- To capture business requirements and translate these into functional requirement specifications, working with internal business stakeholders and third parties where needed
- To use your strong technical knowledge of our end-to-end system processes, to support your effective interactions with the IT team
- To identify and work closely with key stakeholders from internal teams, ensuring that the right people are consulted at each stage of a project
- To work autonomously whilst dealing with day to day issues, whilst keeping your manager informed and escalating when appropriate
- To be adaptable to meet the ever-evolving needs of the company.
Being an Ambassador for the business (specific ways in which this role can work to ensure that the business remains a great place to work and shop)
- To embrace change and respond positively to feedback, being adaptable in taking on new challenges to meet the ever-changing needs of our business and customers
- To understand that our actions have an effect on colleague and customer relations and that our performance can enhance colleague and customer satisfaction
- To uphold and demonstrate the business values and behaviours at all times, playing your part in making the business a great place to work
- To build effective working relationships with members of the team, other colleagues and also 3rd parties, treating everyone with respect
- To adapt to and take ownership of the daily changing needs of the department
- To carry out any other reasonable duties that meets the day-to-day needs of customers and colleagues
You must be able to demonstrate your PM experience and knowledge in delivering Change Projects. This is a role where you must demonstrate the ability to lead and influence those around you with minimal supervision.
Essential – the ‘must haves’
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience of project management, including demonstrable exposure to common project management methodologies
- Strong analysis skills enabling you to rigorously consider viable solutions to a given problem and determine the most appropriate option
- Exposure to system architecture and design, able to understand the relationships and integrations between existing business systems
- Capable of understanding business processes in-depth, and how these map onto the end to-end system and data flows
- Able to work either alone or part of a team to deliver a high standard of service to your internal customers
- Willing to travel occasionally as required by the role.
- A professional approach to work and the ability to receive, understand and carry out tasks to meet the day-to-day needs of the department
- Strong planning and time management skills enabling optimised management of competing demands, and the ability to work effectively under pressure
- A high level of accuracy, attention to detail and conscientiousness
- Excellent literacy and numerical skills
- Adaptable to meet the changing needs of our business and customers
Desirable – the ‘nice to haves’
- Experience using JIRA for work management and Confluence for collaboration
- Experience of working in the retail industry
- Knowledge of the business and their products
If you feel you can demonstrate how you have worked and been successful in a similar role please do get in touch for a confidential discussion.
The role is only open to those who are currently allowed to work in the UK and who can demonstrate experience of working in a similar role. If you do not have the correct working visa or are just setting off on your career in this area, then regrettably this role is not for you.