Project Lead \ Business Analyst: 12-Month Fixed Term Contract
Are you an IT Projects Professional with experience delivering Process and Systems change, preferably in an ERP or manufacturing environment?
Do you possess solid Business Analysis skills together with great organisational skills?
Can you negotiate, influence, and motivate across the business and external suppliers to ensure project milestones and objectives are met?
We are looking for an experienced Project Lead \ Business Analyst to support the IT Department. The role is a fixed-term contract (12 months) to provide secondment backfill and support a high level of project activities to support a broad transformation programme. The successful candidate will join a close-knit, multi-disciplined team and be capable of wearing multiple hats to deliver the team's work programme supporting our businesses goals.
What will you be doing?
Reporting to the Head of IT, the Project Lead \ Business Analyst role is responsible for delivering assigned projects from analysis to implementation and the realisation of projected benefits. The successful candidate must be flexible to adapt and support the deliverables at all stages of a project or assigned work. The role requires effective coordination of all assigned projects, scoping, planning, delivery, change management, including oversight of any risks and issues. The successful candidate must create and maintain focus, enthusiasm, and delivery momentum.
The Project Lead \ Business Analyst must have proven experience in IT project delivery, providing project leadership and business analysis skills in different arenas.
- In-house development
- 3rd party application implementation,
- Technical infrastructure experience is desirable.
- Facilitating the definition of project scopes, requirements, and deliverables.
- Ensuring effective quality assurance and the overall integrity of the project, and adherence to business priorities and requirements.
- Ensuring deliverables are to an agreed quality level, on time, and within budget (where applicable), per the approved project plan.
- Managing third party contributions to the projects (where applicable).
- Managing communications with all stakeholders and reporting the progress of the programme at regular intervals.
- Managing both the dependencies and the interfaces between projects \ live services.
- Identifying & managing risks and issues in business processes and systems until a successful outcome is achieved.
- Working with the wider organisation to manage the transition to new business-as-usual positions.
- Initiating extra activities and other management interventions wherever gaps in the project or desired outcomes are identified, or issues arise.
- Developing a robust training agenda to ensure programme deliverables are successful upon implementation.
- Facilitating discussions to critically review current processes for effectiveness, quality and simplification.
- Monitoring and measuring the benefits of post-process implementation.
- Recommending business and technical solutions to improve operational effectiveness and reduce complexity.
- You will assist ISD leadership in delivering the programme of work in support of business goals.
What Experience do you need to bring?
Project management experience is a necessity; ideally, 5-10+ years in IT project leadership \ business analysis \ team leadership. Ideally, background in leading and coordinating programmes with a high level of process and systems change, plus previous IT implementations involving integrations with multiple systems. Experience in ERP related projects is essential, and a background delivering in a manufacturing setting is preferred.
- Effective project leadership, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Effective knowledge of techniques for planning, monitoring, resourcing and managing projects.
- Strong analytical skills, including how to model processes & support business change.
- The ability to lead projects and work collaboratively with a range of people with respect and create a sense of community
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders and workstreams.
- The ability and creativity to find ways of solving or pre-empting problems.
- Effectively multi-task whilst ensuring attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal skills. The ability to converse confidently with both technical and non-technical people ensuring shared understanding on all sides.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Focus on results, setting high work standards for self, and demonstrate the drive to meet project milestones.
- Focus on the customer, addressing the needs of end customer and project team members, continually seeking opportunities to improve quality and delivery excellence.
- The ability to negotiate, influence, and motivate across the business and external suppliers to ensure project milestones and objectives are met.
- The ability to elicit and apply business understanding coupled with technology knowledge to shape and deliver the best-fit solutions for the company.
What is in it for you?
Working with an industry leader in their field, this is an opportunity to get involved with a great systems modernisation programme that will take the company to the next level.
The role is a fixed term contract so on top of the salary you will receive all the benefits that are available to full time employees, i.e., pension, holidays etc.
There may be an opportunity for the right candidate to become a permanent member of the team after the fixed term contract.