IT Service Assurance Lead
· Are you someone who understands how to manage IT Incidents so that you get to the root cause in a logical and controlled manner?
· Do you have the vision to help create and be part of a brilliant Service Management function?
· Do you understand the value that great Change Control delivers in a constantly evolving IT environment?
· Can you take those around you on a journey towards successful and transparent technical releases through great change control?
If you are all the above and you want to build your career with a Financial company that cares about its staff and communities, then this may just be the right role for you.
The role of IT Service Assurance Lead has been created to support and help drive forward the growing Service Management functions with IT.
You will play a pivotal role in managing IT incidents and Problems from point of identification, right through to resolution. You’ll also be responsible for ensuring the necessary governance is being applied to the key Service Management functions within the organisation, which include Change, Incident and Problem Management.
What will you be doing?
- Act as Incident Manager when an IT incident is identified, running the Incident bridge, coordinating resources and activities to clear, communicate and recover incidents as quickly as possible.
- Complete Incident and Risk Event reporting, whilst identifying trends and challenging areas for any inconsistencies in quality or actions taken
- Work closely with the Service Desk in embedding and growing the Incident Management process with the objective to work towards an SLA service offering
- Manage the Change Management process by ensuring all changes have been correctly impacted assessed, documented and approved, challenging requestors and owners as required to protect the live environment. On occasion you may be expected to run CAB
- Take on the role of Problem Manager when complex problems have been identified, completing route cause analysis with teams across the business and ensuring solutions are considered in relation to cost, time and benefit to the business
- Champion the use of workflow knowledge base and service desk tools to ensure the lifecycle of changes, problems and incidents are captured correctly and as such can be reported on effectively
- Proactively identify and log risks off the back of incidents, problems, and change activity, whilst taking ownership where appropriate to help mitigate or even remove risks within IT’s control
What are we looking for?
Whilst we know what our dream candidate would be, we know that there are many different characteristics and skills that will make someone successful in this role. If you feel you can do all the tasks identified above but don’t meet all of the criteria below, don’t worry, you can still apply and focus on demonstrating why you would be the best candidate for the role.
The ideal candidate
- Significant demonstrable experience in a regulated IT environment
- Experience of direct line or matrix resource management
- Technical understanding of network and infrastructure environments, both virtual and physical
- Strong understanding of Service Management Framework principles and processes and the ability to apply your technical knowledge in project or programme activities.
- Solid Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- (preferable) Project Management qualification
- (preferable) ITIL V3/4 Foundation qualification
- (preferable) ITIL V3 Service Operations
- Influential relationship management skills with stakeholders, colleagues, and users in pursuit of delivering high quality services whilst maintaining service targets
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal, not fazed by difficult conversations
- Strong analytical skills, and able to make sense of complex problems quickly
- Team player and willingness ‘to get stuck in’ where needed
My client is one of the companies I work with who are dedicated to making their working environment somewhere that employees will thrive and grow. They look at candidates not only through their skills but also in what they bring as a person using their soft skills. If you want to work for a company that puts effort into their teams, then this could be the right environment for you.
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Company pension scheme
- One paid charity day per year
- Collaborative, supportive organisation committed to developing full potential
- Industry recognised qualifications (if applicable)
- Excellent opportunity for career progression based on delivery, output and alignment to company values.
- Access to Mental Health First Aiders and an extension Employee Assistance Programme
Current working arrangements are 100% remote working due to COVID 19.
Future working arrangements will be mainly working from home, however the successful candidate will need to travel to the Carlisle office when required, perhaps a couple of days every fortnight. Working arrangements can be by negotiation.
Please apply online and ensure you have the right to work in the UK. As my client is a regulated business, if you are successful, you must be willing to have basic checks done as part of the recruitment process.