Are you a no-fuss hands-on Infrastructure Support Specialist? Do you want to work as part of a team who get things done and get things right? If so, my client is looking for an Infrastructure Support Specialist who thrives in a fast-paced technology environment.
Reporting to the Infrastructure and Support Manager, the role is to give IT Infrastructure support to the client's group of companies. Based in Blackburn, the role requires the following experience and skills;
- Cisco configuration and troubleshooting
- Telephony systems experience, preferably Mitel
- Windows Server stack
- VMware preferably 6.5 with vSAN experience
- Excellent MS office skills
- Support bespoke applications.
- Ability to do in depth investigation into application faults, tracing down error messages etc. Potential data corrections.
- Exposure to Sage X3 environments would be an advantage.
- Flexible approach to problem solving and an ability to “think on your feet”
- Ability to effectively manage time and prioritise incidents.
- Approachable and friendly attitude
The role is not just about your technical skills, the best candidates will also display the following behaviours and skills;
- Be an exemplar of customer focus in end user desktop support.
- Understand the importance of Logging telephone calls into helpdesk system.
- Be able to prioritise and escalate appropriately.
- Providing timely updates to business colleagues
- Be a source or knowledge for junior members of the team.
- Create knowledge base articles to increase ticket resolution efficiency.
- Be the Technical Lead IT projects to help the business achieve its strategic goals.
- Understand the appropriate measures to protect the business from unexpected outages.
- Ensure you are up to date with current technologies and be able to suggest opportunities to enhance the IT offering to the business.
- Be an aspirational role model within the team
If you feel that you excel in all of the above and want to be part of a close-knit technology team, then please apply online and I will be in touch.