You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
IT Service Delivery Manager
Service Delivery IT Manager
- Can you oversee the delivery of high-quality service to companies across a group structure?
- Do you know how to assess priorities and ensure that IT resources are deployed to maximum effect?
- Are you someone who excels in customer facing roles, do you thrive on building strong engaged working relationships across diverse functional departments?
- Can you roll your sleeves up and be hands-on whilst leading your teams?
If you can answer “yes” to all of the above, this is a role that will drive your energies and allow you to excel using your strengths and expertise.
What will you be doing in this role?
The purpose of the role of Service Delivery IT Manager is to oversee the delivery of high-quality services to the group and ensure support and service delivery processes are in place to meet business needs. This role is a hands-on position in maintaining business services, provisioning new and changes to services, communication & control as well as showing leadership in change and improvement initiatives. This position is a customer-facing role. It requires that you establish excellent engagement throughout the group, manage expectations and lead a team to achieve operational service delivery excellence.
- Services Delivery Processes & continuous improvement
- Supervise the service delivery team
- Manage Customer Expectations
- Cost-Effective IT Services and control of licensing/ budgets
- Building Partnerships – being visible within the group businesses
- Service Reporting
- Quality Assurance and Risk Management across IT
What knowledge and experience are required in this role?
You should be an IT Service professional with at least 5 years leading teams whilst building a culture of excellence. As this is both a strategic and hands-on role you should bring the following technical skills.
- Infrastructure, software, and hardware (e.g., Virtualisation, RDS, Networking, firewall technologies, Active Directory, PC, software & cloud deployment, Microsoft365).
- Requires a supporting knowledge of telecommunications.
- A good understanding of industry standards and cybersecurity, e.g., including but not limited to ISO9001, ISO027001, Cyber Essentials and ITIL.
- Understanding of project management principles. Excellent coordination skills.
- Ongoing technical skills developments and certification where required.
- Experience in working on IT projects\Service Delivery.
- Ability to map IT environments\landscape – current & future states.
- Excellent skills in standard Windows Office applications – Word, Excel & PowerPoint, Office 365. Experience in SharePoint & planning tools such as MS Project is desirable but not essential.
- Ability to prepare high standard status reporting materials for our business, IT team & IT Leaders.
- Excellent numeracy skills plus a base understanding of finance\budgeting are desirable.
What characteristics do you need to succeed in this role?
Leading teams requires not just technical leadership but a whole range of soft skills. This is a key role in the IT team, it is as much about how you go about things as it is about technical excellence.
- Logical and analytical reasoning plus persistence to support problem-solving.
- Communication skills, including active listening and playback to demonstrate understanding of customer & team needs.
- Positive influencing skills.
- Respect for the individual customer or team member.
- Ability to adapt and learn.
- Ability to prepare overview training material.
- Ability to prepare design processes and procedures, plus developing and deploying supporting information.
- Prioritisation skill.
What is in it for you?
This is a role that reports directly into the IT Leadership team, it is an opportunity to own the areas identified and put your stamp on how things should be done. This role should be the steppingstone to senior leadership roles in IT.
The role pays up to £48k depending upon experience and has all the usual benefits associated with a manager role.