You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
My Client based in the beautiful North Cumbria are looking for an experienced Data Architect. The role is a key building block in taking the business and IT systems to the next level.
The company is one of Cumbria’s best companies and as such is a highly regarded great place to work. There ethos is all about teamwork and doing the right things for their customers.
As part of my client’s 2025 Strategy we are looking for a forward-thinking Data Architect to help create and drive the future data strategy.
This is an exciting new role where you will be:
- Implementing and maintaining a data governance framework
- Working with the Enterprise Architect to define the organisations data strategy
- Ensuring data is used as an asset and meeting business requirements
About the role
This is a senior role reporting to the Enterprise Architect, you will have a range of responsibilities including;
- Translate data into valuable insights that inform decisions. Identify and use the most appropriate analytical techniques with a good understanding of analytical tools.
- Use data to recognise and exploit business opportunities to ensure they are the more efficient and effective for the performance of the organisation.
- Develop and maintain data standards for the organisation. Communicate the business benefit of data standards, champion and govern those standards across the organisation.
- Designing and maintaining metadata repositories to enable the organisation to understand data assets.
- Create and manage data policies, roadmaps and vision statements.
- Create data models and understand concepts and principles of data modelling and reverse engineer data models from a live system.
- Maintain Data Dictionaries and Data Catalog.
- Data lifecycle management including data retention, archive and purge planning.
- Provide expert advice on data products and processes.
- Oversee migration of data from legacy applications to new systems.
- Quality Assurance of Data Pipelines and ETL scripts to ensure security and standards are consistently applied.
You will have a background in Data Architecture or Senior Data Analyst looking for a move to Architecture.
- Experience of working in a regulated environment – preferably Financial Services
- Experience in data warehouse, big data, ETL as a designer or Architect
- The ability to communicate with senior stakeholders
- In the fast-changing world of data science be up to date with industry trends and technology
What is in it for you?
My client is one of the best employers in the area, they take pride in knowing that looking after their team makes for a happy and productive workforce.
- Company pension scheme – Employer contribution 5%
- Death in Service benefit – 4-7 times salary
- Flexibility to buy and sell up to two holiday days per year, plus extra holiday after 5 years.
- Training - investment in their people and we want you to grow in your role. They work together to put a plan in place to support your personal and professional development.
- Flexible ways of working so you can strike the balance between work and home that’s right for you.
- Doing the right things - extra paid day off every year to help local charities and community organisations.
- Salary will be dependent upon skills and experience.