Network Security Engineer - Cumbria
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the IT Department of a UK based global company. They are the manufacturers of Guardian©, the world's most sophisticated banknote substrate.
Located on the edge of the Lake District National Park and our employees can enjoy the many opportunities this offers; from mountain climbing, hill running and formal walking challenges to days out or weekend camping, and if this isn't your scene, then you will still benefit from the quality-of-life Cumbria offers.
What are we looking for?
The Network Security Engineer is responsible to ensure a robust and secure IT environment is maintained through appropriate administration and development as part of the Global IT Security Group.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Maintain the dedicated networks for production & security systems as part of a global team.
- Perform diagnostics & analysis of firewalls, routers, switches and associated systems to ensure maximum system reliability & security
- Maintain and manage Splunk and Splunk ES environments
- Monitor and maintain technical infrastructure & network traffic to optimize security, performance and efficiency
- Configuration of firewalls, switches and routers as appropriate
- Monitor and maintain SD-WAN connectivity between sites
- Manage PKI distribution and issue/revoke certificates
- Develop regular penetration testing plan
- Identify potential threats and vulnerabilities and propose/implement mitigating solutions
- Strong Network Protocol Knowledge
- Packet Capture and Analysis
- Ability to feed threat intel and vulnerability information to the larger IT team
- Management of a PKI solution
· Working Experience with one or more of the following or similar:
- Palo Alto (PANOS/Panorama)
- Cisco (IOS/SourceFire/ISE/WLC/PI)
- Splunk/Splunk Enterprise Security
As the successful candidate for this role, you should have strong critical information seeking and analytical skills. You will be appropriately qualified with a minimum of 5 years commercial experience. This is not a starter role, you need to be able to demonstrate how you have delivered the majority of the requirements above.
What are we offering in return?
My client is on a mission to become a Great Place to Work and become employer of choice in the process.
They have values which are central to all they do; Grow, Accountability, Collaboration and Integrity and are a very people oriented organisation.
The salary for this role will be up to the band median of £47,392, plus on call allowance, depending on relevant experience. In addition to this we offer performance related pay and annual performance bonus so the ability to directly affect your reward is entirely in your hands.
Additionally, you will be given 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), the ability to work from home and enjoy flexible working hours.
There is a great salary sacrifice pension where the company will match up to 9% of your contribution; income protection and a death in service benefit of four times your salary.
A Health Care Cash Plan by Healthshield is provided to cover yourself and all dependent children up to the age of 21 (24 if in full time education). This can be upgraded as desired.
and even more benefits....
- Big discounts in terms of instant vouchers, re-loadable cards and cash-back at hundreds of high street and online retailers
- Additional holiday purchase of up to 5 days
- Wellbeing portal which covers health, fitness and many tasty recipes
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Discounted Gym membership at the gym across the road; handy for those lunchtime sessions
- Local discounts negotiated by request.
- Onsite parking
If you have the right skills and experience for this role and would like to work for an employer who values their staff, then please apply. These roles do not come around very often.