You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
High Flying Role – IT System Administrator / Infrastructure Engineer
Do you want a role that puts you in an international team with great collaboration and working principles? Do you want to work in a prestigious office location with the potential for international travel? Are you an Infrastructure Engineer / Systems Administrator who wants to work on exciting projects? If so, read on, this is an opportunity not to be missed.
The best roles are all about four things;
- The right salary
- The right benefits
- A great team
- The right exciting projects
This role has all four of these things in abundance, if you then throw in a prestigious office location in Canary Wharf with the opportunity for international travel, then you have one of the best opportunities presently on the market.
My client is looking for an IT Infrastructure Systems Administrator who thrives on implementing technology as part of a global team. The team is truly global, hence, to succeed in this role you must have the intelligence and skill to work with different cultures to get things delivered in a joined up and collaborative manner.
The System Administrator will work closely with the Head of Infrastructure and is responsible for the support and operation of information technology (IT) infrastructures within the organisation which includes;
- data centre
- network and server
- service monitoring
- user support/helpdesk
- workstation management
- storage and related software.
This is a hands-on role responsible for ensuring the availability, integrity and security of all IT systems and infrastructure. There is potential travel to the other international regional centres.
- Installing, maintaining and configuring software, hardware and networks.
- Monitoring system performance and troubleshooting issues.
- Ensuring security and efficiency of IT infrastructure through access controls, backups and firewalls etc.
- Performing server administration tasks, including AD administration, security permissions, group policies, print services, research event log warnings and errors, resource monitoring and backup and restores.
- Maintaining internal infrastructure requirements including laptop, mobile devices, servers, routers, switches, firewalls, printers, IP Phones, security updates, support internet, LANs/WANs etc.
- Monitoring data centre health using pre-existing management tools and respond to software and hardware issues as they arise; help build, test and maintain new servers, as needed.
- Assisting the local and regional teams with delivery of hands-on technical assistance. Working with respective counterparts in the regional centres.
- Interacting with helpdesk and other teams to assist in troubleshooting, identifying root causes and providing technical support when needed.
Whilst a good IT Degree is always a good thing to have, if you can demonstrate a good education followed by demonstrable experience in delivering and administration of the technical platforms you will be a strong candidate.
My client knows that the right technical skills need to be matched by the right attitude and soft skills.
- Excellent inter-personal (relationship) skills with a proven ability to communicate with peers at all levels
- A proven ability to work effectively with people from different cultures and backgrounds whilst demonstrating cultural sensitivity
- A strong commitment to WANO’s mission and nuclear safety culture
- Well-organised, diligent, proactive, assertive, well-disciplined and commercially astute
- Excellent communications skills, including the ability to communicate complex messages in a clear and concise manner
- Consistently drives for high standards
- Ability to self-manage, organise and prioritise tasks, and work under pressure
- Organised and logical approach to work and problem-solving
- Confident in working with external IT consultants and a wide range of people from across the business
Technical Knowledge and Experience
- Demonstrable experience within an IT infrastructure environment
- Experience using core Microsoft technologies including Active Directory (on premise and Azure), Exchange, Office 365 (SharePoint Online), Windows Server OS 2008 R2, 2012 R2 and 2016
- Knowledge of virtualisation platforms especially VMWare vSphere
- Demonstrable experience managing backup strategies in a virtualised environment using VEEAM or other similar vendors
- Experience of supporting VoIP telephony systems
- Proficient in Cisco firewall and networking administration
- Good knowledge of scripting (PowerShell)
If you feel you are a good match for this role, please apply including a CV and Cover Letter explaining why you feel you will be a great candidate for this role.
My client will not be sponsoring work visas for this role, hence if you are not permitted to work in the location, please do not apply.